Last night, the Virginia State Police announced that 28 people in the Central Virginia region were arrested Thursday on drug and firearm charges as the result of a year-long sting entitled “Operation Ice Melt.”
A press release from Virginia State Police Public Relations Director Corinne Gellar names six from Appomattox.
Those six are as follows:
- Bridget Martin, age 31
- Laura Ayers, age 35
- Rodney Biglow, age 36
- Ricky Hodges, age 41
- Kristy Ratliff, age 33
- Charles Rice, age 37
Specific individual charges against the 28 arrestees were not stated, but among the approximately 100 total charges filed were Distribution of Methamphetamine; Conspiracy to Distribute Methamphetamine; Distribution of Heroin; Distribution of Cocaine; Distribution of MDMA (aka “Ecstasy"); Distribution of an Imitation Controlled Substance; Distribution of a Schedule I/II within 1,000 feet of a School Zone; Third or Subsequent Distribution of a Schedule I/II; Possession of Schedule I/II; Possession of Schedule I/II while in Possession of a Firearm; Felon in Possession of a Firearm; Conspire to Distribute a Controlled Substance; Destruction of Property; Probation Violation; and Driving as a Habitual Offender.
Drugs that were seized in the operation were meth, cocaine, heroin, acid/PCP, “Ecstasy” and marijuana.
Thirteen illegal firearms were also recovered.
The Central Virginia Drug and Gang Task Force initiated the operation Thursday morning at residences and motels in Appomattox and Campbell counties.
The suspects were taken to Blue Ridge Regional Jail locations in Rustburg and Amherst.
At the time of the press release, 15 people were still being sought by the Campbell County’s Sheriff’s Office. None are shown to reside in Appomattox.
Those listed as fugitives are:
- Michael Donald, age 31, of Lynchburg
- Jennifer King, age 34, of Monroe
- Michael Patria, age 38, of Lynchburg
- Jeremy Rose, age 37, of Roseland
- Christopher Wood, age 37. ofAmherst
- Sherman Hackett, age 48, of Lynchburg
- Rafael Watkins, age 34, of Lynchburg
- Carmen Irby, age 31, of Evington
- George Billy Harmon, age 49, of Madison Heights
- Christopher Campbell, age 37, of Altavista
- Jamie Morgan, age 36, of Concord
- Ryan Martin, age 46, of Lynchburg
- Jacob Kersey, age 23, of Lynchburg
- Amanda Wood, age 31, of Alton
- Melanie Irby, age 40, of Gladys
Anyone with information on the case or the wanted individuals may contact the Campbell County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number at (434) 332-9580.
For the complete list of those who were arrested, see the March 20 edition of the Times Virginian.