The Appomattox Raiders indoor track and field team ventured to Liberty University on Saturday to begin the New Year competing in the Liberty Premier Invitational.
It was a crowded field with 118 high schools listed on Milesplit.com, making for a tough competition in every event.
Although the Raiders didn’t have any first place winners, the team did place 12 in the top 25 of their respective final events.
The highest finisher for Appomattox was Blake Fulcher, who placed fifth overall in the boys pole vault with a mark of 10 feet 6 inches.
Other top 25 Raiders were the following:
• Quamea Gray, boys shot put (7th, 40-10)
• Mannix Wilhoit, boys high jump (7th, 5-4)
• Aubrey Fulcher, girls long jump (8th, 14-4.5)
• Ervis Davin, unseeded boys long jump (15th, 17-8.25)
• Girls 4x200-meter relay team — Amyah Bolar, Kelsey Hackett, Nadiyah Abdussalaam, Harmony Troxler (17th, 1:56:55)
• Morgan Flamm, girls pole vault (19th, 7-6)
• Madison Martin, girls 3200-meter run (19th, 13:32.23)
• Nadiyah Abdussalaam, seeded girls long jump (21st, 14-8.5)
• Vori Copeland, boys long jump (23rd, 15-4.5)
• Harmony Troxler, seeded girls long jump (23rd, 14-6.75)
• Kelsey Hackett, 500-meter dash (24th, 1:26.85)
Appomattox is slated to venture back to Liberty this weekend, hosting the Walter Bass Invitational at Liberty University. Events begin at approximately 8:30 a.m.
If you want more content like this, support local journalism by purchasing the Times Virginian newspaper at a local newsstand or subscribing at www.timesvirginian.com/subscriber_services to receive the print edition and/or e-edition version.