Many thanks to all those who helped Appomattox Relay for Life 2021 come to life this year.
The Relay was small but it packed a mighty punch. Appomattox County raised over $42,000 thanks to the sensational efforts of RFL teams — Cancer Crusaders, The Dream Team, Elon Baptist Church, Evergreen Methodist, Grace Hills Baptist, The Mamas & The Papas, Mt Airy Crystal of Hope. New Hope Lighters, Piney Ridge Prayer Partners, The Rockin’ Raiders and St Ann’s Saints.
A special “thank you” to Evelyn Ford and Beverly Thomas for their most successful sponsorship initiative.
Appomattox Relay For Life would like to thank the following good and gracious folks for making the event successful and enjoyable:
• Presentation of the American flag by American Legion Post 104 members Avery Dalton, Keith Hamilton, Sharon Hodge and Mike Warren.
• National anthem sang by ACHS Choir members Tiyona Bush, Carley Davidson, Sydney Donniigan, Brette Dufresne, Zyriah Kelso, Melody Steger, Rob Stephens, Grace White and Lainey Woody. Directed by Brenda Jarrett.
• Entertainment: Bud Reid, Worm Patterson and Albert Wallace. Sound equipment supplied by Evergreen Lavender Farm.
• Luminaria Table manned by Grace Hills Youth group: Brooke Coleman, Shannon Coleman, Lucas Hunter, Gray Peterson and Colin Slagle; Youth leaders Lara and Tim Peterson.
• Harpist: Sue Eggleston.
• Luminaria Readers: Gloria and Sammy Carter.
• Guest Speakers: Shirley and Lloyd Walton.
To quote Mrs. Walton, “God, family and friends – that’s what gets you through.”
- Martha Warner and Susan Williams, Appomattox Relay for Life co-chairs